Foresight 101 - Quadrants and You

7 replies [Last post]
Kindacute's picture

Something that eats us up in Foresight is the correct way of dodging emotes. Please observe the following diagram:

The orange is where we stand to start. The ranged/casters should stand up here and fire down at the lower platform in the east quadrant to start (Flamecaster)

EXAMPLE 1: Now, say you are standing in the center and receive an emote "move to the east". Moving two steps to the east doesn't cut it. You need to move FROM the center to the EAST quadrant - labeled in green on the map.

EXAMPLE 2: You are standing in the middle and receive a "move to the west" emote, shortly followed by a "kyv arrow move" emote. You need to move INTO the WEST quadrant - labeled in violet - to dodge both.

EXAMPLE 3: You are in the north quadrant (blue), and you receive an emote to STAND STILL and MOVE WEST. To dodge them both, move towards the west platform in the north quadrant, and then wait for the stand still to pass. As soon as it does, STEP into the west quadrant to avoid the emotes. ***IMPORTANT NOTE*** Stand still emotes mean you can move around IN YOUR CURRENT QUADRANT and THEN stand still, but if you leave the quadrant, you get eaten.

That covers it. Hopefully this will help with the emote dodging. Remember - QUADRANTS!!!

Kindacute
75 Wizard
The Key to Awesomeness

Not to overly complain but

Not to overly complain but shouldnt this be in a topic forum like Raids?  There are way too many stickied threads here and this adds to the mess for  what I consider as General/Members only.

Kindacute's picture
Done

There you go.

Kindacute
75 Wizard
The Key to Awesomeness

Kindacute
75 Wizard
The Key to Awesomeness

oskar has great foresight

NEXT time we going to win this thing. thanks for the tip cuite, i did learn that i can move then stop as long as i dont leave quandrant ( in past i just cowered like a baby till it passed)
anywho.. 50 of 54 and we almost won. we should seriously try this again asap, while the lessons are fresh, and bug those 75 toons who hold out on us from time to time, so we get all 54 in there

"the big fat hairy bear"
oskar

foresight?what about the random arrow hits you?

Grammies
75 druid
http//www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=322784
Cofe Breaks
52 pally
http//www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=445037

Grammies
75 druid
http//www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=322784
Cofe Breaks
52 pally
http//www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=445037

Yorag's picture
More Is Not Necessarily Better.....

Nice map Kinda!

More people is not necessarily better in this particular raid. It just means more people will need to carefully follow the instructions. The more people the higher the risk for mistakes and subsequent deaths. I've noticed on more than one occasion when the message comes that it's safer in the center, I still see people whacking away at the mobs.
The success of this particular trial is dependent upon everyone precisely following the instructions, not so much as it is DPS.
And. as Grammies has indicated, the arrows are in fact a big factor to deal with as well.
The reason we have done better each time is that more people are watching the emotes and responding correctly.
Setting the emotes up in a seperate chat window filtered for "other" has made a big difference for me in making them more visible.

Conqueror Yorag

More is actually better

More is actually better because if you start with 54, then all the Kyvs have 54 possible people to target, where as if you start with 40 the Kyvs have 40 possible targets. Idealy no one should die in this event at all whether we start at 54 or 40. We have several people who regularly make it to the last 5, because we catch the emotes and respond quickly. While its theoretically possible for the group of 54 or 40 to get multiple kyv targeting its rare.

the key is to learn how to respond properly. For example you can still move while ducking, so if you get duck and move to north, Duck first, then start moving north. You might make it, you might not, but the room ae is only 3k where as head shot from not ducking is 10k so even if you get AEd you should survive. Also you have to learn to ignore your insticts. A clerics instict is to finish heal, but that will get you killed. Tank's are used to getting that last miniute heal which in this case might not come if the cleric is responding to an emote, so they need to back off.

Hunter Omegga Silvguard
75th Season Champion of Faydark
Forest Stalker of Norrath with 800+ AA points.
Master Fletcher (233), Master Archer (240+AM3/EQ), Master Tracker (300), Master Forager (200)

Hunter Omegga Silvguard
90th Season Champion of Faydark
Forest Stalker of Norrath with 7k+ AA points.
Master Fletcher (300), Master Archer 375+AM3/EQ), Master Tracker (300), Master Forager (250)

Yorag's picture
True, But.......

While I agree that the additional people will reduce the odds of getting struck by an arrow, it will however increase the odds for human error or failure(s) to follow an emote.

On the occasions when I've died either from a missed heal or my HP is too low to absorb an AE, things seem to escalate negatively very quickly. Grabbing my corpse and dragging it from location to location, trying to loot my gear so I can get back in the fight often results in another death, and another..... The last time we did foresight I had 3 corpses in the event. Many times the AE kills you just as you are rez'd when your HP is already very low. Of all of the trials, I find this one to be the most annoying.

What is the best strategy to follow in the event of a death if you are a melee type? Stay out of the fight after rez. and just focus on following the emotes, or attempt to loot my gear and get back into the fight? It's a bit harder for the melee types because we not only take direct damage from the mobs we are trying to kill, but we also are subjected to the occasional AE. I have managed to avoid the arrows successfully, but I do catch an occasional AE. Maybe a better strategy in this trial would be to not rez. anyone?

Conqueror Yorag